So, I’m a little late in posting this second recipe from my Frame By Frame Baking book Tony gifted me for Valentine’s Day. I’ve got to admit, I’m on my 5th recipe this week and the cakes have not failed to amaze me! The book and frame by frame instructions make it fail-proof, not to mention how delicious and different each cake is.
I made this Chocolate Fudge Cake a few weeks back on one of our Sabbath days and it totally knocked our socks off! The chocolate icing was perfect, not too sweet and not too thick. I could’ve done with a little less time for the cake in the oven, but I’ll perfect that later. Here’s a look at my frame by frame:
This cake was delicious, very chocolaty, and hearty. I served mine with some cool whip to mix up the flavor – my husband completely avoided his, he’s totally a chocolate lover. Ha.
I think this is another winner! Will be keeping this for a future dessert, for sure.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/4 cup self rising flour
- pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 5 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease your pan (I used 1 8″ and sliced the cake in half to fill with chocolate)
- Place all frosting ingredients in a deep pot & stir, with heat on MED/LOW, until it’s completely melted
- Pour out into a bowl & chill in fridge while you prep the cake
- Now, mix your butter and sugar in a gown & beat until light and fluffy. Slowly adding in eggs. Then, stir in the corn syrup and almonds.
- Sift flour, salt & cocoa powder into a bowl, then fold into the mixture. (at this point, add water so it can become less thick)
- Pour mix into your cake pan & bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on your oven
- Let your cake cool.
- Cover with frosting. (Cut cake horizontally if you’d like to get “two cakes” and fill the mid section with frosting, then stack the top cake again & cover with frosting)
Finally, just cut into slices, serve, and enjoy!